Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Change...



I've decided to make a change with the blog (and a subtle one since it started two posts ago) -- rather than making the blog get the image after everywhere else that I post images to, the blog will actually get the first cut of any images I do. Making this a work in progress blog.

It's important to capture work in progress -- while I'm not as much about the process as the end result, reflection on the process is important. My process is fluid and ad hoc -- I generally come up with a concept or an idea and pitch it to the model. When we get in studio, sometimes the concept materializes the way I expected it to and sometimes, it becomes something else. Like the above image -- this is captured really setting up for the later work. The shoot itself was to be more fashion oriented as an experiment -- so the earlier images were more about getting the initial lighting the way I wanted it to. But I think the image captures a different side of Dru than my previous shoots with her -- it's some how softer. I've been doing a lot of high-key imagery lately -- I suppose as a counter-balance to the spate of single light, low-key figure studies I did in April and May.

1 comment:

Drucilla said...

I do like how that turned out. It's almost child-like or something.

I was feeling rather vulnerable that day . . .